AuPSA - About Us
'AuPSA' stands for Austrian Political Science Association.
Founded in 1970 our organisation today consists of approximately
600 members from various fields of work related to politics and
political science. Amongst them are students, graduates and faculty
members from various universities, social scientists from universities
and other institutions.
AuPSA is a member of Central European Political Science Association
(CEPSA), the European
Confederation of Political Science Associations (ECPSA)
and the International Political Science Association (IPSA).
Aims of AuPSA
- Fostering political science research in Austria.
- Serving as a point of focus for Austrian political scientists,
advocating their interests.
- Advancing the internationalisation of Austrian political science.
Fields of Activity
- Publishing the Quarterly 'Austrian
Journal of Political Science' which is listed in the Social
Science Citation Index (SSCI)..
- Organizing conventions and conferences, round tables and lectures.
- At present AUPSA has seven subsections, doing research on contemporary
topics of political science: 'Agora
- Democracy Studies', 'Comparative
European Politics', ''European
Policy Analysis', 'Political
Leadership' and 'powi04 -
- Members receive on a regular basis information about political
science and research in Austria, news relating to relevant topics
and the latest about conventions and conferences.